The Byron of Santo Domingo

The musings of an ex-Southerner, ex-New Yorker Living and Learning in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic

Friday, December 15, 2006

One Year


Dear Friends,

Today marks the one year anniversary that I have been
living here in the Dominican Republic. Just last
December I was with my brother, Arnold, Scotch
and some more friends at the Pink Tea Cup in the
Village, eating,drinking, and being "merry". Now as I
sit overlooking the magnificent vista of the Malecon
in Santo Domingo, I am humbled by what I have learned
this year. I will list what I have learned in no
particular order and no explanation is necessary.

-You can't get something for nothing
-Be careful what you ask for, you just might get it
-You can have fun with only 100 pesos
-Their is nothing more important than happiness
-Internal fortitude and strength is a wonderful gift
-I can live without hot water
-Desperate times will show who your friends are
-Sometime you can't explain or understand love, the
same goes for forgiveness
-A kiss from a puppy or a hug from an old woman can
brighten any bad day
-Friends can be your family when you are far away
-Warm weather and sunshine can always sooth the spirit
-Real men do cry and show emotion
-Patience, patience, and more patience
-Trust your heart everytime and it will not fail you
-Listen to the only voice that matters, your own

Thank you for all of your kind words, comments and
support this past year. I hope the next year here
will teach me even more.

All the best,

Byron

5 Comments:

  • At 2:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks for this words of wisdom, you have help me a lot with this expressions. I will try to follow your advice.

     
  • At 9:16 AM, Blogger Santo Domingo Colonial Zone Apts said…

    Byron, that was a really nice post. I knew you could do it.

    Happy Anniversary!!

     
  • At 12:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    God bless you for those words, have helped me a lot. I have been reading your blog for a while and wish you all the happiness you deserve.

    Please keep writing about your experiences in my country. Again, God Bless you!!!

     
  • At 12:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    God bless you for this words. i wish you all the hapiness in your life

     
  • At 10:06 PM, Blogger T-Bird said…

    Greetings from the northwest coast of america and from Santa fe new mexico.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home