The Byron of Santo Domingo

The musings of an ex-Southerner, ex-New Yorker Living and Learning in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic

Friday, July 14, 2006

You Can't Win the Lottery, If You Don't Buy a Ticket


Hey Kids,

I didn't make it to the track meet last week. I had to many errands and the weather was crazy. The gang and I did go out last Saturday night. We were headed to Leon's club, but the 200 pesos to get in was not the answer. Moreover, Shaniqua did not want to leave her car in that area. So we threw caution to the wind and headed to the lesbian bar, Amazonia. What a refreshing change! Their were straight couples, gay boys and their friends, lesbians of course and all had a great time. It was nice to be in comfortable atmosphere where you could be yourself. Their was not any attitude, no crowds and no rent boys. The show started on time at 2:00, and it was fabulous. Three performers did two songs each, they were awesome. Special kudos tothe performer who did two Beyonce songs. She rocked the house.

On Sunday we were headed to some waterfalls in the northeast section of the country, the weather prevented that. So we headed for Bayaguana, a small river town about 2 hours away form Santo Domingo. Once we arrived, the skies opened again and the river became very intense rapids. We chilled under the large covering where lots of beer was being consumed and everyone was dancing. The place was packed for such bad weather. As we were hanging out checking out the crowd. A group of guys decided to have a big dick contest down on the rocks by the river. Of course once I saw the first dick, further investigation was needed. About 6 six guys gathered to show off what God gave them. Now this was is plain view of everyone near the river. I believe gallons of Brugal was the fuel for this spectacle. Once the Hatian guy pulled out his dick, the contest was over. No lie, from my guestimation from about 10 feet away, I was looking at 13 to 14 inches and it was as thick as the trunk on a baby elephant. I almost fainted. After that show the crowd broke up.

Back on top of the hill, by the bar something curious happened. I noticed 3 couples dancing very close. You say what's so special about that. Well, they were all women. I'm not talking about middle school dancing. These girls were grinding like a Madonna video. I mean kisses on the neck, grouping of the breasts. it was great. I really could not believe it and no one seemed to care. People were drinking and eating and minded their own business. What really made this odd was the whole time I was observing this, Richard had been holding my hand and stroking my leg in plain view of everyone. Was this a very tolerant crowd? Were people just that drunk? I don't know, but I know I will be returning to the river for some fun on a sunny day.

I thought my time in DR was coming to a close and I was headed back to New York, but things change. I have taken a job with a marketing firm here and will be here for a while. New York called, but I was not ready to go back just yet. I have some unfinished business and some new opportunities here in the DR. I love telling you of my adventures and people I have met on my journey around the island. I appreciate all of your comments. The pic is my friend Leo from New York, what a hottie.

9 Comments:

  • At 12:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It sure sounds like you had a nice journey into the countryside, plus the sexy men boy studs were just an added bonus, must get there the next time I go to Santo Domingo, however it seems we get there and get busy with our fun things in town and before we know it time has run out and it is time to return home.Do you have a car or take a taxie to do all your touring? fill us in, thanks,JFH

     
  • At 2:53 PM, Blogger T-D Moderator said…

    Some people have ALL the luck! I put myself in those so-called "lottery" situations all the time, but nothing like that ever happens to me.

    Big pinga contest on the river. INDEED!! Where'd you say that was again? LOL

     
  • At 3:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Any pics from the dick contest?

    I'm sorry you have a hungry crowd byron..

    :)

    Joel

     
  • At 9:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congratulations on the new Job and Best Wishes Always !

     
  • At 10:04 AM, Blogger Santo Domingo Colonial Zone Apts said…

    Byron, don't tell. Then all of a sudden the Colonial Zone will be empty and all the folk will be scouring the countryside. LOL!!!

     
  • At 3:01 PM, Blogger The Byron said…

    From now on I will only write about the trips I take. Some people geto off on baching me, and that is unfortunate.

     
  • At 3:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I don’t understand every time you write some thing it’s got some BS lie in it. Who are you going to teach English too? The DR buggarones in the sports bar, mmmmm don’t you think you need to learn Spanish first to translate to English. Your Spanish is not up to par to be translating. So to say you’re just doing it for fun! Does not make any sense since you know it’s for the money! Richard you’re so over the hill with Richard then you’re driving around measuring others. Same thing you did with scotch! I’m off taking pix yea we see your pix. It all comes back missy in pink, the world is round and it will come back to U. From the first time we met you were to plastic in pink! Girl you’re just too much for even for a Wal-mart plastic bag! NY

     
  • At 4:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sissy Shit OVERFLOWING!!! When you low HO's can't find it on Anthony's blog, you start making it up on this one.
    1. The relationship between Scotch and Soda are over, said and done. Let it die.
    2. Byron, you be careful, your rose colored glasses are fading, so don't put all your business on this blog. When the real world drops a turd on your head, you don't want the world to know.
    3. Haters...get a life of your own, stop instigating the bullshit down there.
    4. Rafael, you are fierce!!!
    Love "Big Mama".

     
  • At 4:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    does any one know why they call them bugarron? Also if any one know what is the asking price now! how much is to much!thinking of going down in Nov. though i will post twice, thanks guys!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home