The Byron of Santo Domingo

The musings of an ex-Southerner, ex-New Yorker Living and Learning in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic

Monday, June 26, 2006

Indoor Activities

I spent a very quite weekend with Richard and Eve. Scotch was in Miami for some R&R, so I ran the hotel for a few days. The ship ran as perfectly as it always does. Change is a good thing, it keeps things fresh and interesting.

I did venture out on Friday night. I got out of the "gay Colonial Zone scene", and went to a basketball game. Fabrizio and I headed to the Palacio de los Deportes to see Naco take on Villa Francisca. The game was on par with any game I have seen at Madison Square Garden, featuring the New York Knicks (that anit saying much, the Knicks suck!) The game was great, the score was close the entire game. We were treated to a last second shot to send the game to overtime and a missed lay up in overtime to lose the game for Villa Francisca. They eventually lost the series to Naco on Sunday. We also attended that game.

The games were great, but they were secondary. The spotlight of the evening as always were the men of Santo Domingo. They were out in full force. They were all shapes, tall and thin, short and thick(the good way) and every shade of brown you can think of, from taupe to mink. These boys and men were beautiful, macho, and sexy as hell. Their tight jeans with buldges that made me gasp, were complemented with the official fashion accessory of the DR, the white belt. They all mixed and mingled with women and each other at halftime on the concourse of the arena. The bathroom was also a popular gathering place. The lines were long but, I was not disappointed. The sights were lovely and one guy in particular was so well endowded, when I saw it, my breath was literally taken away. When he noticed me starring, he smiled and winked at me. Later I saw him in the arena with his posse and his "girlfriend". Ahhh, those Dominican men.

The weather was crazy last week. I believed it rained everyday. Saturday was no exception. Richard and I stayed in bed and watched movies all evening. We started with Breakfast at Tiffinay's and Roman Holiday and ended with Spiderman 1 & 2. Watching movies, eating strawberries, and kissing. New love is so much fun.

6 Comments:

  • At 4:45 PM, Blogger Santo Domingo Colonial Zone Apts said…

    Byron, I am loving your blog. Keep up the good work!

     
  • At 8:26 AM, Blogger The Byron said…

    Thanks A, your words keep me going! Mario I can't take pics of everything. Most of those pics are X rated anyway.

     
  • At 4:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    you go Byron
    I enjoy your blog as well if it wasn't for Anthony and youself it will be hard for us in the stated to keep up with the 411.

    kEEP THE GOOD WORK
    you go boy!!!
    Jerry NYC

     
  • At 9:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Byron, do not be afraid, just edit them and that's it.. I'm dying to see them...

    :)

     
  • At 11:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Byron, Loved your blog, keep giving us details and pictures of those pretty Dominicans. Now I have two blogs to read daily, Monaga and Yours. Angel from Long Island, NY. Felicidades.

     
  • At 12:05 PM, Blogger The Byron said…

    Thanks Angel, I will be traveling this weekend to the countryside and I will make sure I take lots of pics.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home