The Byron of Santo Domingo

The musings of an ex-Southerner, ex-New Yorker Living and Learning in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic

Monday, May 29, 2006

Mother's Day and Uncle Marvin

Uncle Marvin came down this week for a visit. He left the unstable New Jersey weather for the tropical climate here in Santo Domingo. Marvin took Scotch and I out to dinner for my birthday on Wednesday night. We dined at the American Cafe. It's located in the Colonial Zone, just a few blocks from Casa New Yorker. We enjoyed Lobster Thermador and the best Chardonnay I've had here in the Dominican Republic. After dinner we headed over to the Sports Bar where Anthony was the (HBIC)Head Bitch In Charge. The joint was jumping. New folks coming to town, new boys I've never seen, a good time was had by all.

We have some guys in from New York this week, I'll let you know what's cooking later in the week. Yesterday was Mother's Day in the Dominican Republic. It was really cool to see everyone out shopping for presents and flowers. I went shopping with Richard on Saturday. We picked up a few things for his mother, I'm sure she will enjoy them.

Until next time....

1 Comments:

  • At 2:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Byron, get off your ass and write something. I have been checking every day for some news.It can't have taken you this long to recover from your birthday bash. Cliff

     

Post a Comment

<< Home