The Byron of Santo Domingo

The musings of an ex-Southerner, ex-New Yorker Living and Learning in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic

Monday, May 22, 2006

Pink Ice Ball

This birthday party was really special to me, because it brought together my family, my old American friends and my new Dominican friends. While living in New York people told me how bad Dominicans were, well after living here for a few months, I have found them to be loving, caring and very protective of me, Viva Dominicana!

First, I must thank a few people for thier hard work and dedicaiton to THINK PINK! Jose Luis was an angel. I met with him for just a few minutes and gave him my vision of what I wanted the party to look like, in just a few hours he made it happen. Kudos also to his helper who blew up all those balloons.

My entertainment Graciella was spectacular. She preformed several numbers and left the crowd begging for more. For those guests who were there, the egg and the chicken bones were my favorite part. Gracella you are a star!

The food was made with tender love and care. Richard and Ramon prepared a meal that was fit for a queen, well a bunch of queens. Richard roasted several chicken and Romon made his famous Buffalo wings. They also made a lovely fruit salad, a pink potato salad, and some tomato parmesan tarts that were fantastic. They worked really hard in a small hot kitchen. I love those kids. Thier friendship means the world to me.

Two other special thanks go to my Big Papi and Scotch. Thanks Big Papi, your words of encouragment and support have been my life line. Keep me on higher ground! Scotch your support has been unmeasured, keep giving me good love.

To all of my friends, thank you for your time, love, and support. If you need me, just call my name and I will be there.

The party went late into the night. Our neighbors were also having a party for thier daughter who was turing sweet 16. She looked fabulous in her white gown. I was not going to be outdone. I wore a pink Morrocan inspired chemise that was designed for my party by Fausto of Santo Domingo. Smooches, Fausto.

After this blog, I will no longer mention THINK PINK! I will announce next week the theme of the next party. Here is a hint, Miami Sound Machine meets Queen Elizabeth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home