The Byron of Santo Domingo

The musings of an ex-Southerner, ex-New Yorker Living and Learning in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic

Friday, May 12, 2006

THINK PINK!


A few months ago I was reading an article in The New Yorker about Truman Capote's Black and White Ball. I was struck by the opulence and sheer ridiculous frivolousness of it. So I decided to throw a birthday party for myself that was big, trivial, and full of debauchery.

This party marks the 14th Anniversary of my 21st birthday. For some of you who skipped math in high school, that makes me 35. Yes, I said it out loud, damn! The cat is out of the bag. THINK PINK! also fulfills one of my fantasies of a Blush and Bashful party. (Those of you who know Ma'Lynn, Shelby and Claree, know exactly what I'm talking about). My brother, Dr. Arnold James and his partner will be in town for the festivities, so if you see them give them a good Santo Domingo welcome.

Here is a brief description of the weekends festivities, of course all events are invitation only. Truman would not have it any other way. All guests staying at Casa New Yorker are welcome to attend all of the events.
Friday-Cocktails and Chit Chat, Casa New Yorker Lobby
Dinner, Bobo's Restaurant
Dancing, JD's
Saturday-Beach Party, Playa Caribe
Pink Ice Ball, Casa New Yorker Rooftop
Sunday-Gospel Brunch

All events have been planned with care and attention to detail. Of course, pink attire is suggested at all events. I will keep you updated on all events and information. Until then, THINK PINK!

3 Comments:

  • At 7:50 AM, Blogger The Byron said…

    CWigs are optional for Sunday brunch. We have a wide selection in our hotel gift shop.

     
  • At 12:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Byron,

    Congratulations and continued success on your endeavor. You are truly a wonderful inspiration (and not bad on the eyes I might add). Are the dates set for the Think Pink festivities?

    -El

     
  • At 3:11 PM, Blogger The Byron said…

    The plans are set and like a bride I am nervous and ready for the big event!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home