The Byron of Santo Domingo

The musings of an ex-Southerner, ex-New Yorker Living and Learning in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic

Monday, April 30, 2007

Thank You and Goodbye

I have a few thank yous and best wishes I want to extend. Two good friends are leaving the island and I wanted to publicly thank them and wish them well. One of my best friends, Ariel will be leaving the city in a few days for, "the land of milk and honey" as he likes to call it. He will be headed to New Hampshire for a work program. Ariel has taught me much about the way young Dominicans think. His views on God, country, and society were refreshing. He is well rounded and that will take him far. He is the kind of kid that can drink Brugal and listen to bachata and discuss the political ramifications of Citizen Kane. Ariel my friend, have a good time and we will see you soon.

Also, my Morehouse Man, "D", will be leaving this week. D is another talented kid, who has a bright future. His depth for a 20 year old was impressive. We could discuss in depth Beyonces's latest weave, the perfect ass, or the state of hip hop and its effect on women, our youth, and our nation. We had several long discussions on the search for love, dick and success. D, you are not southern, but you can come to the house anytime you want and I'll "fix" you some grits and Richard will stir up some huevos and we cat and talk shit. Walk "the yard", this fall and think of all the ph-ine boys you are missing here. See ya at Loretta's

I also wanted to give a shout out to AnthonyMontgomery. I have mentioned him a few times on the blog, but I wanted to sing his praises. People talk crap about him all the time. Even before I got here, people would say watch out for him, he's trouble. From the instant we met Anthony has been nothing but a delight. We chat(gossip), have cocktails and hang out together. He has been a big supporter of me, even when my decisions were not popular. Anthony here's to you. May your boys always be hot and your cosmo's cold.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home